Storm Damaged Home Questions
Questions to ask when buying a storm damaged home
- Was the home flooded? When, get dates and the reason.
- How much water was in the home? How long was the water there before it was removed?
- What kind of damage was done, and how was it fixed?
- Do you have receipts, invoices, to verify ALL the work done?
- Was the home completely stripped down, or were the walls washed, bleached, and repainted?
- Did you have the home professional tested for mold? Do you have results of an air quality test after the repairs were completed?
- Was the wiring checked for corrosion? Did you have a licensed electrician check it out? Do you have their report?
- Was piping checked for corrosion? Was a professional plumber consulted? Reports?
- Were the necessary permits pulled for all this work? Verification of these permits and that they have been closed out.
- Did you have a professional inspector review all the repairs? Do you have a report?
Seven things to know if you are thinking about Buying a Storm Damaged Home!
Make sure to work with a licensed Florida REALTOR with experience in navigating these rocky waters. You can reach us at www.PinkLadyOfRealEstate.com